Now the summer hols are over, we’ll all be spending more time indoors, so this is a good time to think about how to make our homes extra stylish and welcoming….
1. Colourful cushions in gorgeous fabrics can transform a space and it’s easy to move them if you want to change the look. If you see some fabric you love, just buy a metre and make one cushion – or many fabric retailers can arrange for cushions to be made for you. You can also use dress fabric for cushions as it doesn’t have to be hard-wearing.
2. A new rug or runner is a good way to add a layer of comfort and colour:-
3. Wallcoverings can give such personality to a room - a plain wall with beautiful paper gives soul and depth to a space. An added benefit is it can cover up cracks, bumps and blemishes, and it doesn’t need to be refreshed as often as paint.
6. Lighting is so easily forgotten but essential for atmosphere and to highlight your favourite pieces. There are so many lovely lights around this year, here are a few of my faves:
7. And thinking ahead for next spring, Architectural Heritage’s new sculptural planters are beautiful, with heavenly flower displays:-
Another idea you could try yourself with a reclaimed tub or container. Plant your bulbs before the frost sets in!